PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH TECNOLOGY
My name is Susette Rogers RN, BSN
Before I started my BSN at Mona online, I was against technology in education, because there are downsides to it. In a perfect world there would be no negatives or downsides, but, of course, a perfect world does not exist. However, the pros out weight the cons and so I believe education would be at its best with the aid of technology. People once asked me if it was possible for students to learn from a distance. Personally I will share my experience with them because I learnt and benefited from distance education. Since the use of computers my beliefs that distance learning was less effective than traditional learning has greatly decreased.  Occasionally during my BSN and Masters programme I have encountered few technological issues but those were resolved.
      It is unarguable that there is no generation as tech-savvy or at ease with the online environment than today’s students who have grown up immersed in a virtual world. We exist in a generation where iPods, smart phones, and laptops have replaced notebook and pens, while inventions such as the Smart Board, LCD projectors, tutoring software, podcasts, video conferencing, and document cameras, among other education aiding tech, have been created for the educational. My knowledge of technology I will rate as medium as there is  more knowledge I need to gain, which I’m hoping to acquire during this course.



Comments

  1. Yes Susette , indeed we have to jump on this tech savvy train before we are left behind girl, and we must be able to keep it with it as well. Technology is the way to go!.... enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susette.

    Quite an in-depth and honest post. I particularly liked that you admitted your initial distrust or aversion to technology. I think this is quite common....even for me initially....and well, the rest was history -here we are! Lol. What was your changing moment, that moment when your initial distrust etc changed?...was it a particular teaching/learning experience you had?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts